Head of Program Implementation & Operations - Remote
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is remote. Primary locations include San Francisco, CA | New York, NY | Boston, MA. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Head of Program Implementation & Operations will be fully dedicated to a priority program within Astellas Rx+ that is focused on the development and commercialization of a Digital Therapeutic plus hardware medical device product currently referred to as Z1608. Z1608 is being designed to help patients manage the day-to-day challenges of living with a serious cardiovascular condition while creating the opportunity for earlier intervention by capturing/sharing key biomarkers with the patient’s care team.
As a member of the Z1608 team the Head of Program Implementation & Operations will have overall responsibility for establishing the required capabilities to launch and operate Z1608 programs in collaboration with IDN/health plan partners. This individual will work closely with payer business development, Medical Account Management, the product team, Z1608 program leadership, and our B2B payer customers (IDNs/health plans) to plan for and enable program implementation and ongoing operations.
The individual will have overall responsibility for translating high-level Z1608 program launch and operations strategies into detailed operational processes that will enable successful patient outreach, enrollment, and onboarding, as well HCP education/engagement. After joining Astellas Rx+, the Head of Program Implementation & Operations will be expected to assist with the recruiting/onboarding of additional members of this team that will ultimately report to them.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with payer business development, Medical Account Management, product team, and Z1608 program lead to ensure IDN/health plan inputs are incorporated into the implementation and operational capabilities we build around the Z1608 product
- Works collaboratively with health system, IDN, or health plan partner to align on patient eligibility criteria for Z1608 program and guide customer on extracting eligibility file from their EHR/sharing with Astellas
- Establishes working relationships with vendor/s that can support development of patient facing enrollment materials and execution of mass marketing campaigns by various modalities (mail, email, direct calls, social media, etc.)
- Establishes operational process for patient enrollment and eligibility match (payer coverage verification)
- Identifies and engages third party logistics vendor/s that can support the direct shipment of hardware medical device and/or program starter kit to patient’s home
- Identifies vendor/s that can provide contract customer care and remote patient monitoring teams to engage patients and triage patient data; works with said vendor to ensure customer care and remote patient monitoring team function as intended
- Works with payer business development and various Astellas Pharma Inc. supporting functions to satisfy IDN, health system, health plans requirements for new products/programs/vendors (e.g., data privacy, third party risk assessments, etc.)
- Performance/KPI Tracking - Develops, maintains, and communicates KPI’s and insightful reports that help inform operational effectiveness
- Responsible for managing Operations/Implementation team