Oncology Business Specialist - Greenville, SC
Oncology Business Specialist – Greenville, SC
Do you want to be part of a team that works every day to develop innovative therapies for patients? Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that is driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians? If so, then you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world.
We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] style="font-size: 10.5pt; color: blue;">www.astellas.com.
Astellas is announcing an Oncology Business Specialist opportunity covering the Greenville, SC area.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To ensure the achievement of sales goals in territory by promoting Astellas oncology products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on characteristics, advantages, indicated treatment and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call on targeted community physicians and academic oncology centers to promote and educate on the use of Astellas products through one-on-one meetings and presentations, professional education programs and other appropriate means. Responsible for ensuring high levels of call and field productivity; expected to meet call plan expectations, with 5 days in the field each week, supported by office time needed for call planning and follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, etc.
- Develop Sales plans and business territory plan activities to support customers using company resources and promotional activities as identified by Oncology Regional Business Manager (ORBM)
- Utilize clinical knowledge to influence prescribing habits
- Coordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises and business units
- Achieve quarterly sales goals within territory while adhering to all ethical sales practices and required regulations
- Deliver the highest level of clinical and technical value, helping the healthcare customer meet their unique patient care needs, while operating at all times within regulatory guidelines
- Ensure optimum strategy development using territory business plan
- Responsible for accurately reporting sales activities, testing, territory expenses and submitting written reports as necessary by the deadline set forth and defined by Oncology Regional Business Manager
- Appropriately manage and maintain all company equipment and promotional materials (company literature, materials, etc.) according to necessary company guidelines
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management (POA's, National Sales Meetings, Regional and Local Conventions, etc.)
- Continuous learning on efficient sales and communication techniques and product / therapeutic area training
- Additional responsibilities as necessary
- Direct impact on obtaining sales attainment
- Maintain adequate call coverage at National Level
- Deployment of promotional resources at National Level
- Reports to ORBM
- No Direct Reports