Associate Principal Scientist, Oncology Target Discovery Analytics
Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated scientist with a strong background in Oncology genomic analysis to join a cross-functional team within Discovery Oncology, working closely with colleagues in Genetics and Pharmacogenomics. The successful candidate will have a track record of innovative and collaborative research demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications. This position will utilize our proprietary unique large-scale data, along with both internal and external functional genomics and drug sensitivity data, to discover and validate novel oncology and immuno-oncology targets. The Senior Scientist will operate in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Be responsible for rigorous analysis of genomic data
- Analyze and integrate proprietary and external preclinical and clinical data, including whole exome sequencing, bulk and single cell RNA-sequencing, drug sensitivity, genetic dependency, and multi-omics datasets to identify novel drug targets
- Utilize machine learning and artificial intelligence in the analysis of high-dimensional data
- Collaborate with colleagues in cross-functional teams from Oncology, Genetics and Pharmacogenomics, and Immunology, as well as IT, Pharmacology, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, and Biologics
- Communicate results to colleagues, project teams, and the external scientific community
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Minimum Ph.D. or M.D. with experience in computational biology or a related area of data science.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Background in cancer genetics and/or tumor immunology
- Expertise in computational biology and genomic data analysis
- Ability to write analysis code and script, and to implement best practices for data analysis
- Expertise in machine learning approaches for analysis of high-dimensional data
- Proven record of innovative thinking to propose and champion new ideas and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with collaborative target discovery teams
- Familiarity with drug discovery
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with [Register to View] all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply [Register to View]
Current Contingent Workers apply [Register to View]
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please [Register to View] if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1