DIE SETTER 1
Tool & Die Maker
(2nd & 3rd Shift include Shift Premium)
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Tool & Die Maker position. The Tool & Die Maker is responsible for maintaining all tooling in the Plant. The scope of his/her duties are as follows: Sharpening all tooling and maintain proper punch entry and pass line heights, establish timing of stations on all progressive tooling, have the ability to maintain all forming stations in the tooling, ability to operate all tool room equipment, competency to build miscellaneous jigs and fixtures, ability to work with minimal supervision, & ability to trouble-shoot tooling problems at the press. Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by applying and submitting your resume at http://careers.daikincomfort.com.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of Machine Shop Practices
- Thorough knowledge of Die Theory
- Strong knowledge of Sheet metal fabrication manual and automated presses including hard and soft tool
- Experienced in Progressive Tooling
- Working knowledge of measuring tools, hand tools & various machining equipment
- Must have the ability to trouble-shoot tooling problems
- Ability to read & interpret blue prints, specs and work instructions
- Math skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow safety protocols and procedures including wearing and using required PPE at all times
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Must be able to work well with other members of the department
- 10+ years of experience in tool & die sheet metal fabrication & machine shop
- High school diploma or GED equiv.
- Tool & Die Apprenticeship Certificate a plus
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. Frequent standing, occasional walking or sitting. Occasional using of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reaching with hands and arms, and stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.