Die Setter 2
Die Setter 2
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Die Setter 2 position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Die Setter is responsible for setting up and adjusting various sizes of dies into stamping presses to insure parts are produced within specification. Perform any necessary die adjustments at set ups and to check accuracy during production. Also, configure, adjust and operate automatic or semi-automatic presses and mechanical equipment. Ensure the quality production of their assigned jobs at expected production level.
Overall Goal: To produce and deliver a quality product in a timely manner for internal and external customers. Eliminates scrap and additional costs using zero defects methods. To always work in a safe manner following the safety policies, housekeeping and environmental policies and work instructions.If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints
- Must be able to use calipers and other QC gauges and indicators to set manual/automatic dies
- Must be able to set up the die and teach standard work on a manual press
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to get along well, communicate timely and accurately to co-workers and supervisors
- Eye/hand coordination, proficiency with hands to use tools and measurement gauges
- Ability and awareness of safe work practices and procedures and good housekeeping practices
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Must be able to set up the die and teach standard work on an automatic press, including the loading of coils into existing set ups
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent preferably
- Prior experience is required for all levels
- Strong technical and mechanical background
- Requires in-house certification from Die Setter Phase 1 training which requires about 2~6 weeks of class room and on the job training.
- Requires in-house certification from Die Setter Phase 2 training which requires about 4~12 weeks of class room and on the job training.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.