Design Engineer - Foothill Ranch, CA
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Our vision is to be an exceptional customer partner, inclusive organization, and valued investment.
At Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business failure is not an option. So we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity. And it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Our Wildlife Mitigation Business Unit (WMBU) provides wildlife mitigation solutions in the Power and Utilities industry across North America, through our Greenjacket and Reliaguard products. Our products ensure reliability of our power grid all while protecting wildlife.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer within our WMBU located in Foothill Ranch, California.
27151 Burbank, Foothill Ranch CA 92610
The Design Engineer coordinates the design, engineering & project management tasks for our growing Reliaguard product line. The Design Engineer is an integral team member and effectively communicates with others in WMBU & HPS BU to complete project assignments on new or existing products and/or product lines.
- Responsible for receiving, reviewing and evaluating project requests and planning general activities for project completion.
- Analyzes customer technical requirements and provide product recommendations to satisfy their needs which may include generating new products through our NPD system to ensure customer application requirements are met.
- Researches and interprets industry standards and technical information and applies knowledge to satisfying product design inputs and/or maintaining assigned product line(s).
- Carries out design or development work as planned, performs simulation tests and analyses, and generates product specifications to meet projects goals.
- Participates on cross functional teams to ensure completion of all tasks associated with project requirements.
- Requests, performs analyzes and evaluates laboratory tests.
- Conducts engineering investigations (such as product failures, customer complaints, variation notices, rejects and deviations), summarizes findings and prepares and distributes appropriate solutions.
- Initiates drawing orders, engineering changes, sample and prototype requests, purchase requests, and other necessary paperwork to complete project assignments and/or maintain assigned Reliaguard product line. • Responsible for reporting the status and progress of projects and performing additional duties to complete projects and assignments.
- Interacts closely with current design engineer to complete other projects such as DFM, cost reductions, and internal improvements to ensure design integrity for improve processes.
- Experience in electric utility industry or in mechanical design and product devices is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Product Design or Engineering is encouraged or equivalent work experience.
- A genuine creative & mechanical aptitude that is “all in”
- Ability to work across multiple work functions
- 5+ years’ experience in product design, development, in injection molding & thermoforming processes.
- 3D CAD skills & proficient in SolidWorks
- Effective CAD image & project management skills
- *Strong creativity in CAD images and graphics to support new product roll outs*
- Demonstrates knowledge in the interpretation of design, performance, and standards relevant to thermoplastic industry in the form of product designs released to production in manufacturing settings
- Ability to interact and work effectively to support common goals with other team member including, manufacturing, sales, and marketing teams
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail, and other PC application skills Problem Solving:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations Project Management:
- Develops project plans
- Coordinates projects
- Communicates changes and progress
- Completes projects on time and budget
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $85,000-$105,000 per year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.