Engineer - Embedded Firmware
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
Unit No.4 B, 1st Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer with Power line product development, debugging and testing (at board and system level). The Engineer will focus on developing, testing, validating, troubleshooting Embedded Products involving microcontrollers
• Understand & Maintain the existing firmware and perform changes based on the field requirements
• Perform testing, troubleshooting, validation (at board and system level).
• Document software based designs and algorithms for both developers and customers.
• Devise well-rounded test plans to validate the product robustness.
• Create, develop and evaluate technical documentation for the existing and new projects.
• Work with other team members to assess requirement specifications.
• Track progress and action items for ongoing design projects.
• Assist in troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis for product enhancement
Must have at least 5-6 years industry experience of working on firmware/electronics based product development, testing and validation.
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded systems
• Experience on MSP430 and ARM çore.
• Having work experience with RTOS based programming
• Strong programming experience in C
• Strong Python programming skills
• General embedded communication protocol ( I2C, SPI, UART )
• Good in peripherals interface ( PWM, DMA, EEPROM, ADC, DAC)
• Excellent time management skills • Self motivated and highly ambitious
• Must demonstrate consistent (and sustainable) application of problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must possess strong written and oral communication skills