Manager Master Scheduling
Manager, Master Scheduling
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Manager, Master Scheduling position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Manager role is responsible for the Implementing and Measuring the comprehensive plant wide and business wide metrics, as well as managing the team for productivity, cost, and delivery improvements. Some of the metrics we have today, such as Schedule Attainment, but the future deliverables include driving improvement to deliver productions schedules in the exact volume, mix and sequence that leads to higher customer service levels with lower inventory. This role will also assume the responsibility of the Service delivery performance. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must possess knowledge of supply chain activities and ERP/MRP systems
- Ability to effectively lead the Master Scheduling organization to improve processes, systems, and overall performance
- Strong Leadership, employee development, performance management skills and ability to provide clear and concise objectives to the team and delegation skills; motivate and drive employee engagement
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint Includes spreadsheets, generating graphs/pivot tables, presentations and ability to make use of various database programs/applications
- Have strong effective verbal and written communication skills including business acumen, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Must possess good reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail, analytical ability including ability to interpret information and make sound recommendations
- Effective organizational and time management skills including ability to prioritize
- Must have strong problem solving and influencing skills and proven ability to overcome objections
- Must have good time management ability so as to be able to meet up with orders and schedules
- Strong influencing skills & ability to collaborate and lead change with various partners cross-functionally
- Ability to work as a team player to solve problems, contribute ideas and make continuous improvements
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills; Must have the ability to work amongst customers, employees, and vendors as well as Senior leaders and executive staff
- Ability to promote an environmentally healthy and safe work environment
- Must exhibit a high level of flexibility and an ability to multi-task at all times
- Able to work flexible and demanding schedules in a fast paced environment
- 8 plus years of experience in a Master Scheduling role for a large, high mix / volume manufacturing plant is required
- 5 plus years within a leadership role is preferred
- Continuous Improvement experience (Kaizen/Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis)
- Experience working with MAPICS is preferred
- Proficient use of MRP systems is preferred
- Bachelors degree is required, preferably in BA, ME, or IE is required
- CPM or MAPICS certification is preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic May have higher noise volume in areas hearing protection required PPE required in designated areas
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.