Engineer, Design 3
Design Engineer (Residential Gas Furnace)
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a Mechanical Engineering professional to work in our Residential Gas Furnace group located at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. In this role, you will be part of a team that will develop and implement new technologies for mass volume production. Daily responsibilities may include spending time with Bill of materials (BOM), drawing, manage liability testing and Root Cause Analysis (RCA). You may also act as a Project Manager for New Product Introductions (NPI). Qualified candidates may come from Appliance, HVAC Industries. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website [Register to View] and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Feel free to learn about the Company and it's brands by visiting the career site [Register to View]
Nature & Scope:
- Works within knowledge
- Will work with the Design Engineering team to develop & sustain residential and/or commercial HVAC-related products
- The responsibilities of this position include the design, analysis, and documentation of those products and their internal components
Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of mechanical design theory and practice
- Experience with design for six sigma (DFSS), design failure modes and effects analysis (DFMEA), design of experiments methodology, tolerance analysis, value engineering principles, and parts standardization principles (preferred)
- Black belt or green belt certification (preferred)
- Experience with engineering change processes and CAD systems
- Knowledge of specifications and standards used in the HVAC industry (preferred)
- Software skills including MF Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written
- Effective project management skills
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- 3+years preferably in a high volume HVAC manufacturing environment
- At least 2 years of experience with product design in the automotive, appliance, or HVAC industry (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities