Territory Sales Manager - Charleston, SC
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more! When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
Territory Manager is responsible, within an assigned geographic territory, for the sales of electrical connectors, installation tooling and accessory products to distributors, end users and contractors. Additionally, works with Engineers and Consultants in encouraging the specifications of Burndy / Quazite products. Territory includes Charleston and Columbia SC markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Specification is key to the growth of Burndy's business. A Territory Manager needs to understand our position in comparison to our competitors, and be able to articulate the features, advantages and benefits of our line.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to service existing customers with training and certification classes.
- Follow up on provided vertical market leads (Corporate provided).
- Demonstrate products by using samples, videos and catalogs to emphasize outstanding Burndy features.
- Provides information on prices, credit terms and other term conditions of sales.
- Prepares reports monthly on business conditions, lost opportunities, and keeps expense account records.
- Meets or exceeds sales quota on quarterly and annual basis.
- Leads and submits paperwork for distribution coordinated funds (a percentage of our partners business is invested in jointly marketing our product and their relationship.
Skills and Experience
- One to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Digital literacy.
- Driver’s license required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.