Director of Brand Management, Meiomi
We’re the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we’re the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we’re just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Brand Director position has a General Management approach and broad range of responsibilities that will assist in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies across Price, Promotion, Packaging & Product. The Director of Brand Management’s overall duties will revolve around brand positioning, communications platform creation, marketing program development and execution, insights driven innovation, business analysis, project management and bottom-line profit responsibility.
- Accountability for brand strategy and bottom-line profit delivery.
- Develop and implement the annual brand strategy and marketing plan to create consumer demand based on strong business analytics.
- Develop meaningful and relevant brand marketing communications that grow the brand franchise.
- Leverage consumer insights, proprietary research, and data to determine the optimal allocation of marketing resource allocation across various media outlets and channels to support strategic priorities.
- Develop insights based strategic innovation plans to position the business for both short and long-term success.
- Develop and sustain strong and productive working relationships with external partners for creative brand development, advertising, and trade promotions.
- Ensure marketing campaigns generate effective demand for consumers, internal Field Sales, and vital external customers (e.g. Distributors and Retailers).
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of packaging, pricing, placement, and promotion are aligned with the brand strategy.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationship with international teams as global brand owners to insure consistency of brand strategy and execution globally.
- Collaborate with Field Sales and Marketing to ensure the brand is consistently and effectively positioned across all channels and touch points.
Key Foundational Business & Leadership Skills
- Thought Leader - Demonstrating industry and content expertise with the ability to pioneer new ideas, efficiently and effectively solve problems, and influence others while being open to collaboration.
- Intense Drive - Leading with passion, enthusiasm, and a sense of urgency that influences others to follow suit, with self-motivation to achieve goals and challenge the status quo.
- Constantly Innovating - Developing and encouraging creative ideas that challenge common thinking and help CBI gain a competitive advantage while being open and agile to adapt, change, and try new things to promote growth, learning, and improvement.
- Personal Leadership - Exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills, charisma, and self-confidence to make an impact on teams, coaching and motivating others, tackling new problems, and advocating strongly for integrity and sensitivity.
- Results Oriented - Having a GM mindset that focuses on taking decisive action to get things done while finding optimal balance between quality and protecting the bottom-line.
- Bachelor’s degree in field required with a minimum of seven years of CPG or Beverage Alcohol industry experience in leadership position within Marketing function
- Significant experience developing a positioning strategy and marketing platform for a prominent brand
- Strong track record of developing effective traditional/digital marketing campaigns
- Experience mining consumer demo/psychographic insights for a prominent consumer brand to inform marketing strategy and investment
- Experience with planning, development and commercialization of new products and line extensions
- Experience optimally positioning a brand across multiple channels
- Experience leveraging insights from quantitative ROI analyses and/or Marketing Mix Models to determine investment allocation/optimizations
- Proven desire and ability to think strategically and creatively, coupled with financial acumen and strong analytical/problem-solving skills and bottom-line P&L management
- Excellent communication skills; articulate, influential, and strong public speaking and writing skills, effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in building, leading, and developing a strong team.
- Effective team player and collaborator with all internal / external stakeholders, with experience successfully building and leading a high performing team.
- Extensive experience collaborating with external partners (e.g. advertising, design, digital, trade marketing agencies).
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and strong project management skills
- Proficient PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen), custom database experience
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work under pressure without daily guidance.
- Master’s Degree
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience
LocationSan Francisco, California
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).