Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights & Strategy
As part of the Consumer Strategy & Insights team, you will play a critical role in leveraging strategic consumer insights to drive our Wine and Spirits brands’ priorities, growth, and long-range plans. You will aid in developing and delivering on key learning agendas to address the dynamic needs of the Wine and Spirits division and brand teams. You will work cross-functionally to embed consumer insights across day-to-day decision making and key strategic business initiatives.
In this role, your work will influence Wine and Spirits brand marketing teams, while collaborating closely with the rest of the Strategy & Insights team, the centralized Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence, and third party vendors to oversee the execution of research and analysis that provokes action. This role reports to the Senior Manager of W&S Consumer Strategy & Insights and collaborates closely with the Wine and Spirits brand management team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support the creation and execution of consumer learning agendas that address the dynamic needs of our Wine and Spirits brands and drive consumer-led brand strategies. Learning plans may include (but are not limited to) consumer research to influence:
- Brand Foundation (awareness & usage, lapsed user analysis, etc.)
- Brand Strategy (jobs-to-be-done, brand architecture, growth targets & current targets, etc.)
- Communication & Creative Strategy (assessment of campaign territories, claims & messaging, TV and digital ad copy testing, in-market ad awareness, etc.)
- Execute research and analysis in an agile manner, flexing approach as needed based on the brand, timeline, risk level and managing external partners to deliver.
- Actively engage with Marketing and Strategy & Insights teammates to scope work in response to business questions that will lead to actionable output that can inform business decisions.
- Effectively translate research and analysis into actionable insights for brands teams and the organization, distilling relevant information into implications that answer the ever-critical question: “So what?”
- Be an indispensable partner to Brand teams by providing a strong, objective “voice of the consumer” built upon a holistic understanding of the brand and business challenges.
- Collaborate closely across the broader Strategy, Insights, & Analytics and Growth teams to integrate various learnings into a holistic recommendations and develop best practices.
This role is multi-faceted and requires analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skill sets:
- 4+ years professional experience in Marketing Research/Consumer Insights, preferably within a B2C context
- Experienced in consumer research fundamentals and methodologies including both qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- At least intermediate skill level with point-of-sale and panel syndicated databases (IRI, Nielsen, Numerator, Scarborough/MRI/Simmons/YouGov, etc.)
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity; can effectively manage change, shift gears when needed, and decide and act without having the total picture.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills that drive actionable insights with senior leaders and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience in collaborating with internal and external resources to develop ideas and strategies for a common goal
- Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great listener, and team orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Strategy, Marketing Research, or related field (e.g., Psychology, Anthropology, Behavioral/Cognitive Science).
- Experience working for a digitally native consumer business and/or a direct-to-consumer high-end business is a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, an average of 20%
LocationSan Francisco, California
Additional LocationsField Office - CA - Los Angeles/Ventura/Orange/Santa Barbara, Field Office - CA - Monterey/Santa Cruz, Napa, California
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaInsights & Innovation
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).