Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today.
As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, SC 29803
The Senior Human Resources Representative supports the HR Department with recruiting, reporting, benefits, employee relations, training, HR system administration, relocations and time and attendance for the Aiken, South Carolina facility, and a distributed workforce who work remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers recruitment process to include position and requisition creation, resume screening, interviewing, salary recommendation, offer letter approval, pre-employment background checks and drug screens, e-verify, and on-boarding of all new employees.
- Facilitate HR Presentations that include but not limited to new employee orientation, DDI courses, communication meetings, and other employee training classes.
- Complete the monthly headcount, termination, new hire, open position reports and additional reports as necessary.
- Responsible for HR reporting/surveys.
- Facilitate employee recognition events, service awards, birthday recognition.
- Administer leave of absences such as FMLA and short-term disability.
- Administer employee relocation program.
- Assist with campus recruiting.
- Assist with acquisition support activities.
- Administer group insurance programs (health, dental, sickness, accident, and disability)
- Interpret policies, ensuring compliance with all policies, company processes, and state/federal employment law.
- Partner with management on employee relations and conduct internal investigations.
- Effectively interface and communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- Administer and interpret corporate guidelines for benefits and compensation.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and national employment laws.
- Supports department and company-wide special projects.
- Respond to unemployment information requests.
- Lead employee engagement initiative.
- Support Wadsworth, OH location as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, management or similar business degree.
- Up to 5 years of HR experience prefered, but training will be provided.
- Must be a self-directed, hands-on solid HR Generalist.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to maintain integrity in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong computer experience required, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Must be self-motivated, and a problem solver.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive situations where information must be shared on a ‘need to know” basis.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
- SAP and or ADP experience a plus.
Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.