Machine Operator 3
Machine Operator 3
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Machine Operator 3 position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Machine Operator 3 is responsible for operating assigned machines and all other associated work including setup, programming, preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, making minor adjustments to achieve greatest operational efficiency for meeting high quality and production standards while ensuring safe work practices.To produce and deliver a quality product in a timely manner for internal and external customers. Eliminates scrap and additional costs using zero defects methods. To always work in a safe manner following the safety policies, housekeeping and environmental policies and work instructions. Machines located throughout sheetmetal, coils, paint, tubing/wiring and assembly.If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate comprehension of positional work instructions read, interpret and follow
- Ability to efficiently and safely operate various machines; stamp press, punch press, brake press, RWC, etc.
- Ability to read and use calibrated tape measures, micrometers and dial calipers to identify standard and metric units based on ticket requirements
- Advanced machine trouble shooting skills
- Good math skills addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Attention to detail to easily identify defects
- Good eye-hand coordination and dexterity; ability to manipulate tools with both hands and stand for long hours
- Good organizational and planning skills including time management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in addition to interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of 5s and Lean concepts
- Ability to use good judgement and strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- Be a team player and exhibit a positive attitude and results driven
- Ability to train other team members on the operation, changeover, and troubleshooting process.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work instructions and company policies and safety policies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Understanding of production processes
- Practice good housekeeping
- Proficiency with hand tools and eye/hand coordination
- Knowledge of MS Office Excel, Outlook and database applications is preferred
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent preferably
- Previous trade school / mechanical training
- 3 plus years of progressive experience operating machines including set-up, troubleshooting and monitoring quality in a high volume manufacturing environment is required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.