Machine Operator (Minto) - Weekend Shift - Permanent part-time
Machine Operator (Minto) - Weekend Shift
- Permanent part-time roles
- Fixed weekend seasonal shifts
- Friday – Sunday, 6 pm – 6 am shift
- Work from August to April
- Go on leave /pick up other shifts from April to August
- Wage: $24.63/hour + shift penalties (30% on Friday/75% on Saturday/50% on Sunday) + super (10.5%)
- Minimum guaranteed wage is $31/hour (including shift penalties) + super
Who we are?
On any given day, 2.5 billion people globally use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our products range from 400+ brands which include Lipton, Dove, Lynx, Omo, Surf alongside innovative, and purpose-led brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Streets, Continental and many more, giving us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
We are looking to hire several permanent part-time seasonal Machine Operators based in our Minto ice cream factory on fixed weekend shifts. The shift timing is 6 pm – 6 am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Permanent Seasonal Employees are part-time employees who work the summer period and are on unpaid leave for the winter period or take accrued paid annual leave for the winter period. You may accept shifts during the winter period as available within the business, at ordinary rates.
Surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers, you’ll work with purpose in an inclusive and diverse culture, bringing fresh ideas and simply being you! We also make ice cream, what else could you ask for?
- Technical knowledge and application of technical skills to operate machinery safely and effectively in order to meet the production plan.
- Conduct cleaning and lubrication as required. Possess a basic knowledge of the principles of mechanism, motion and pneumatics.
- Maintain machinery to the prescribed standards and levels of cleanliness.
- You will also carry out cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues to the Technical Operator to resolve.
- Understand properties of materials being handled. Able to perform correct adjustment and setting.
- Proactively work with Professional Maintenance and Quality Control staff to achieve zero breakdowns and zero defects.
- Carry out product and process changeovers/washouts to maintain quality standards whilst minimizing the impact to the production plan.
- Ensure the optimal usage of the resources, minimizing waste during production
- Initiate improvement actions
- You will be based at our Minto factory involved in the processes making our delicious ice-cream Streets brands such as Cornetto, Gaytime & Magnum
- You are responsible for the safe operation of the equipment focused on quality standards and efficiency.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably with National Certificate (level II) for Machine operator
- Team player who is responsible, supportive and good communicator
- Working experience in machine operations including but not limited to basic and machine operations, forklift, warehouse, and inventory operation is preferred
What awaits you at Unilever
The core of Unilever’s culture is captured as Human, Purposeful, Accountable. You will be joining a dynamic, flexible, and inspiring work environment that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success. This is your opportunity to be part of a purpose-led business and a global community where you can progress your career both locally and internationally. You will also benefit from amazing discounts on external company products, attractive employee referral reward program amongst other benefits.
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organization. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us on [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
This means we encourage people with all backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Māori and Pacific Peoples, and people with disabilities. Interested in learning more, check out our Reconciliation Action Plan and Workplace Adjustment Policy on the Unilever webpage.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! We encourage you to advise us at the time of your application if you require any reasonable adjustment so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.