Quality Manager - Kilbourn Factory
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for managing site wide consumer safety and quality program implementation and continuous improvement. Following HACCP processes, Unilever Corporate policies, and Supply Chain Food initiatives, the Quality Manager oversees the site quality agenda, World Class Manufacturing (WCM) quality pillar programs, and participates as a part of the site leadership team. The Quality Manager role works in supporting the Kilbourn site and reporting to the Head of Quality for Nutrition. The Quality Manager is responsible to ensure that there are robust standards and work practices in place to ensure food safety and compliance to all applicable regulations.
The Quality Manager leads the Quality agenda, with focuses on leading, defining, developing, preparing, operationalizing, integrating, facilitating and coordinating the Quality policy, strategy, processes, Quality management system and standards. While ensuring harmonized implementation and integration for Quality in design, technology, supply, manufacture, and delivery across the Unilever Food network.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The site Quality Manager has overall responsibility for managing total site quality performance and improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works as a core member of the site Leadership Team and with site Supply Chain teams to manage site quality performance and develop local quality strategy in order to achieve World Class Quality performance as measured by our core Key Performance Indicators. As an engaging and knowledgeable leader of your team of Quality professionals, you provide support and commitment to and from the site leaders, our hourly associates, and our 3rd Party contract partners to foster the right culture to achieve our site goals.
As the Site Quality Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Quality Management System (QMS) assuring consumer safety and the overall quality of the final product. You will collaborate with all departments and employees as a subject matter expert on quality procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure product quality.
- You’re a born leader: Your success will be based on the success of your team, the extended factory team, and the efforts they lead.
- You’re a dot connector: You will educate employees at all levels on Food Safety Programs, Regulatory requirements, and connect our programs to the everyday activities and actions of the team.
- You’re a changemaker: You will deliver new levels of Quality performance through continuous improvement, benchmarking globally and regionally.
- You’re a culture & change champion: You will inspire a culture where employees are passionate about the consumer experience and find ways to infuse quality and food safety into their work.
Essential Job Function/Duties:
- Establish, lead, and deliver Quality systems for the site
- Act as the subject matter expert on decisions related to quality programs and processes
- Provide technical information/feedback related to product inquires or complaints
- Ensure all products meet or surpass defined quality standards
- Drive continuous improvement through WCM programming
- Collaborate with production departments on awareness and training
- Ensure good manufacturing practices are always in place; set example and champion Quality initiatives
- Responsible for food safety programs
- Participate as part of core site leadership team
- Hire, develop, and manage quality team
- Builds Quality talent (recruitment, coaching, training)
- Participates in developing, maintaining, and implementing Quality learning frameworks, Quality skills dictionary and Job skill profiles
- Support regional and export markets to ensure quality standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Participates in developing and deploying new approaches, processes and tools to “raise the ceiling” and develop future capability for Quality • Participates in obtaining, maintaining and using insights from external benchmarks, assessment tools, standards, and knowledge about what other organizations are doing to manage Quality
- Participate in managing, advising, and coordinating Quality Incident Management process using project management approaches, contacting with internal & external experts, providing guidance on action resolution, and the reporting and replication of lessons learned
- Influence development and drive the use of the Unilever quality improvement process and toolkit
- Provide Quality leadership to influence Quality culture through visibility and coaching of cross-functional leadership across the business
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in technical field or general sciences. Preference: Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Food Sciences or Microbiology (Graduate degree preferred)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of leadership and quality experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with people from differing backgrounds collaboratively is required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of quality assurance experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities through experience in production, quality, or materials management is required
- Must have experience in WCM, TPM, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or other continuous improvement program
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others through a matrixed environment is required
- Must have the ability to manage project and project teams from inception to completion including hitting deadlines and documenting progress
- Working knowledge of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and ability to drive improvements using the Loss Tree is required
- Familiarity with HAACP and other QA regulations preferred
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
What We Can Offer You
[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Culture for Growthopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Global Reachopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Unilever: Life | LinkedInopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Strategy | Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Why work for Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Careers at Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Unilever Global Websiteopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window
Pay: The pay range for this position is $96,000 to $143,900. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.