Sales Manager- West (Data Centers) Job
Worthington Armstrong Venture
Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture between Worthington Industries and Armstrong World Industries, has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems. WAVE produces metal ceiling grids that can be combined with Armstrong ceiling boards as a complete package or sold individually.
Founded in 1992, WAVE operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the golden rule. This philosophy serves as an unwavering commitment to the customer, supplier, and shareholder, and it serves as the foundation for one of the strongest employee-employer partnerships in American industry.
Location: Remote position servicing the west coast. Ideal Locations: Dallas, TX, Auxtin, TX, Chicago, IL, CA, AZ
As a part of the WAVE Sales and Marketing team, the Data Center Solutions Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the global vertical growth strategy for data centers. The Data Center Solutions Sales Manager will be a key driver to selling services and products using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
The Data Center Solutions Sales Manager reports directly to the Integration Manager – Data Centers.
- Market Knowledge: Conduct research in the data center market to gain understanding of segmentation, customers, market size, competitors, etc. Monitor national and global regulatory and legislative policies to identify trends and market opportunities.
- Industry leadership: Determine long term annual revenue/growth goals for the market segments. Own industry operational plan (pipeline, leads and revenue).
- Drive Innovation: Set Americas strategies for new product development and establish multi-generation product plans for ceiling integration. Create, develop, and improve processes to identify current product/solution gaps, new spaces, customer segments, business models, cross-partner (Armstrong/Worthington) offerings.
- Develop annual strategic Growth Playbook: Recommend strategic direction based on market intelligence (VOC) and industry trends. Identify new channels to market by identifying independent manufacturer reps in key regions of the country.
- Alignment: Leverage market insights and voice-of-the- customer to develop new products and innovation adjacencies that strengthen and enhance our core business.
- Market incubation: Create growth opportunities focusing on system-based solutions and build a pipeline that delivers consistent double-digit year-over-year growth.
- Identifies and forges relationships with complimentary product manufacturers to develop solutions responsive to customer need and industry trends which generate revenue for WAVE.
- Position WAVE (Armstrong/Worthington) as a trusted partner and integrated ceiling and data center solutions provider.
- Develop and improve sales training and customer facing material to support demand generation and sale revenue for our data center integrated solutions.
- Be the external expert for WAVE in the market to customers, trade organizations and industry analysts.
- Works closely with WAVE and Armstrong Product Managers, Marketing Managers and New Product Development Manager
- Interfaces with Armstrong Building Products Sales Managers, Installation System Specialists, Integrated Solutions Sales Managers, and Marketing Representatives to insure communication, regarding technical sales and installation of WAVE products.
- Development of Segment Sales strategy and business plan.
- Field sales promotion and sales messages of integrated data center solutions and installation of products.
- Building relationships with internal customers (Armstrong and WAVE organization) and external customers –Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Owners/End Users, Integrators, Contractors, Sales Agents & data center providers.
- Development of new channels to market where applicable.
- Knowledge of competitors and alternative construction methods.
- Establish sourcing requirements for business.
Measures of Effectiveness
- Sales of all WAVE products with a focus on integrated data center structural ceiling solutions.
- Growth of integrated data center structural ceiling solutions or sales territories/markets.
- Expense Management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Marketing/or a related field of study.
- 2 year(s) of (B to B) sales/marketing experience in the construction industry and management experience in sales and or marketing in the data center industry.
- Strong project management, communication, presentation and facilitation skills to drive creative design solutions with a cross-functional business team
- Commercial savvy and strategic thinking
- Must have a proven track record of developing and executing on a strategy
- Proven track record to convert a vision to a sustained growth platform.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications and Salesforce, or other CRM systems.
This position requires up to 30% domestic travel. Frequent travel outside the local area and some overnight. Some international travel may be required.
- U.S. domestic