Firmware Engineer - Portsmouth, NH
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
130 Main Street
Somersworth, NH 03878
Provide technical excellence in developing firmware for electronic electricity meters. Participate in the development of project plans including reviewing and evaluating code and other deliverables produced by the team. Participate in product deployment and provide support in resolving customer technical support issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Firmware design, coding, test and documentation for micro controller based products
- Help develop firmware functional specifications and requirements documentation for new products.
- Contribute cost estimates and schedules for firmware development tasks.
- Develop unit and integration tests to ensure system meets requirement.
- Follow proper firmware design processes for high reliability firmware
- Analyze and resolve field problems. Perform root cause analysis and determine effect preventive action(s).
- Participate in formal technical reviews
Skills and Experience
- Strong C programming language skills
- Experience with Testing tools like Logic analyzer, Oscilloscope and Function generators.
- Experience using SCM tools (e.g. GIT).
- Strong understanding of hardware interfaces.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on low-level, microcontroller-based products (e.g.: Cortex-M series & MSP430)
- Experience using real-time operating systems (ThreadX, etc.).
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Python programing experience
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.