Supervisor - Maintenance
Supervisor - Maintenance
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Supervisor – Maintenance will supervise the activities of the maintenance employees assigned to their area while maintaining proper safety practices. They will assign and direct work to meet maintenance requirements, while coordinating to meet production schedules with a minimum of downtime and cost.
- Supervise the activities of Maintenance personnel assigned to their area.
- Assign and direct work to meet maintenance requirements, while coordinating to meet production schedules with a minimum of downtime and cost.
- Check all completed work before releasing equipment to operations department.
- Participate in administering the preventive maintenance & lubrication programs in their area.
- Manage minor capital projects utilizing in-house or contracted services.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must be mechanically inclined
- Familiar with conditioned based maintenance practices.
- Ability to understand and repair all mechanical equipment.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Industrial Maintenance (bearings, gears, conveyors, drives, etc)
- Experience with metal and process piping fabrication.
- Experience with alignment and balancing of rotating equipment.
- Experience with / understanding of vibration, lubrication, and infrared analysis.
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within time constraints, multi-task, and build sound relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Must exhibit excellent communication, analytical, organizational and computer skills.
- Must be capable of independently making sound decisions through creative problem solving.
- Must be capable of working with ambiguity and change.
[Register to View] 667px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;">PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary