Cloud Services Engineer (Hybrid)
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Cloud Services Engineer will lead development on applications built within Azure cloud and related applications on-prem and in other cloud environments. This person will collaborate with technical architects, solution engineering leads, senior business leaders, and product owners to implement innovative cloud solutions that enable analytics, reporting, and data science insights. This position will have a hybrid work schedule (in office/remote) located in Miami, FL.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop cloud solutions based on business requirements and approved architecture.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to identify and prioritize business objectives and determine the most appropriate cloud solutions to support them.
- Interacting with technical professionals who are responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of cloud infrastructure and services.
- Ensuring that all cloud solutions are implemented and maintained in compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Supporting the deployment and maintenance of cloud infrastructure and services, including monitoring performance and identifying and resolving any issues.
- Diagnose system performance issues and advise on necessary changes.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest cloud technologies and trends, and identifying opportunities to incorporate new technologies into the organization's cloud strategy.
- Providing technical guidance and support to other departments as needed to ensure the successful adoption and use of cloud solutions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in cloud computing, IT infrastructure, or a related field. Professional cloud computing certifications, especially Azure Administrator Associate, are a plus. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, architectures, and best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to cloud infrastructure and services.
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of business objectives and be able to align cloud solutions with the organization's goals.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Frequent sitting.