Continuous Improvement Intern
Continuous Improvement Engineering Intern
HUNT VALLEY, MD
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
Kick off a challenging and rewarding Continuous Improvement (CI) career with Coty! Our CI Engineering Internship provides the opportunity to assist the operations team to improve the overall throughput and layout of the facility. The primary responsibility of the CI Intern is to work alongside the Op Ex director and collect/analyze data to help the overall efficiency of the factory. You will be exposed to new initiatives, continuous improvement, standardization, simplification, and cost savings projects. You will accomplish key milestones for new products, Capital Projects, and daily management processes. Additionally, you will execute various technical tasks related to project work and provide a fresh set of eyes to our organization. You will have the opportunity to use your studies in a Manufacturing environment giving you experience in your field on a practical level.
In this role you will be responsible for (depending on the project):
- Collaborate with internal departments to understand the operating strategy of production lines and current flows of materials to optimize end to end throughput through the factory.
- Improving the Overall effectiveness of the Manufacturing Execution System.
- Collaborate with operations departments to ensure data shown in MES is beneficial to the stakeholders.
- Research alternative methods to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Prepare to share regular updates to departmental leadership to track individual learning experiences and project updates.
- Present to the senior site leadership team and prepare a closing presentation to be shared with peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- In pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Understanding of basic manufacturing processes (end to end process from Raw Materials -> Finished Goods)
- Understanding of materials and tooling which produce rigid and flexible packaging such as glass, injection molding, tubes, folding cartons, etc. and decoration techniques
- Understanding of interactions between multiple components and packaging assembly methods, including tolerance simulations
- Lean Tools such as process mapping and standard work and root cause problem solving.
Functional / Technical Skills:
- Project Management
- Knowledge of simulation software such as SIMIO or equivalent
- Ability to work and make decisions autonomously as well as within focused teams
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and CAD Drawings
- Communicate and present on technical elements to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to execute and provide risk transparency within accelerated launch timings
- Ability to manage multiple projects consecutively
- Define with direct manager development opportunities and execute individual training plan
- Ability to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Previous Co-Op Experience in manufacturing environment within consumer goods and/or pharmaceutical industry
B.S. Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering Discipline with 0-2 years remaining till graduation or equivalent engineering discipline.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [Register to View] [Register to View] We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo