Director - Release Train Engineer
Job Classification:Technology - Project Mgmt/Business Analysis
Prudential is seeking a strategic, innovative professional to support the build out of the company’s deep Data Science capability within the Chief Data Office. Desired candidate will possess superior project and program management skills, business acumen, can quickly contribute and work with cross-functional teams with core focus on outcomes, and possess a passion for building new capabilities and teams.
This role will be suited to a performer that’s keen to make a genuine impact delivering actionable insights and Analytic models and is passionate about Program Management and Agile Analytics delivery.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun. This Technology leader is a Chief Scrum Master and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). As a Release Train Engineer, you ensure the ART stays on course by facilitating the ART events (PI Planning) and processes and assists the teams in delivering value and driving relentless improvement.
This Director is responsible and accountable for the planning, execution & implementation of initiatives for Prudential’s CDO Data Science capability. Day to day accountabilities will include:
- Project Management & Business Analysis (project presentations, plans, requirements, milestones, risks, issues, dependencies, resourcing, communications and financial management)
- Define processes and plans to support implementation of complex, advanced analytics models working closely with data scientists, actuaries, claims, underwriting, technology professionals and business partners.
- Collaborates with business leaders at all levels to ensure maximum cross-business impact of data analytics project portfolio
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal & external entities (e.g., Business Partners, vendors, clients, consultants) to ensure maximum effective use of project resources where required
- Partner with Data / Machine Learning Engineering on the execution of predictive modeling technologies in Prudential’s Production environments
- 7+ years of Project Management experience
- 1+ year of Release Train Engineer experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP or PgMP certification preferred
- Knowledge of financial services or businesses with complex data, services, and distribution models especially in the areas of Retirement, Annuities, Group Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Experience navigating matrixed businesses and functions at all organizational levels, including senior leadership
- Experience designing & executing advanced analytics business strategy, supported by data-driven decision-making
- Well-developed leadership and big-picture thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others through influence in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience in translating business strategy and goals to advanced analytics projects and high impact solutions for the businesses
- Full understanding of the advanced analytics model development process
- Experience managing Advanced Data Analytics projects a huge plus
- Proven track record of creating business value from analytics development and implementation a huge plus
- Superior client, relationship and project management skills; a passion for building new products, capabilities, and teams with the customer experience front and center
- Assertive and able to thrive in ambiguous situations
- Resilient, fails fast and tries again
- Strong sense of accountability, drive and ability to deliver results
- Excited in an unstructured environment; appreciates autonomy and flourishes with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the experience aligning high level business priorities to a high impact, attainable solution
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.