Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Software Development Manager (Hybrid)
Manages a team responsible for developing and implementing protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards of the specified area of IT. Effectively collaborates with other members of the team, customers and/or stakeholders to align work efforts, develop/execute tactical plans that enable effective business operations.
This role will manage vendor relationship and ensures that SLAs are kept in respect to contract terms and researched and brought to the attention of the vendor when missed.
Actively collaborates across IT and business areas within area of specified responsibility to ensure successful results of designated initiatives are achieved. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources.
Outcomes managed have an impact on the specified area of responsibility.
- Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT. Develops protocols to support established standards.
- Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations. Ensures resources are accurately allocated in line with tactical plans and appropriately accounted for at all times.
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Develops, maintains and enhances an excellent working relationship with the vendor company. In addition, creates thorough relationships at senior levels with vendor and Walgreens’ leadership. Develops, maintains, and enhances excellent working relationship with assigned partners and proactively ensures deepening of vendor relationships between partner and Walgreens.
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
- Reviews and approves any request prioritizations. Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
- Establishes credibility with partners while managing expectations. Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan. May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; develops and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $91,950.00 and $235,440.00 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan if applicable. The actual salary will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here [Register to View]
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Experience in vendor relationship management
- Master's degree OR MBA