Software Engineer - Digital (Hybrid Role)
In this role, the Software Engineer - Digital (Hybrid Role) will focus on varied complex projects specifically around our [Register to View] user registration, login and profile updates.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team setting both virtually and in-person on varied critical initiatives for the [Register to View] web presence. You will be working in an Agile Framework and Cloud (Azure) environment.
- Writes code that meets specifications. Develops software applications and tools.
- Completes programming and performs testing and debugging applications
- Develops software applications and tools using Agile development methodologies.
- Participates actively in the design, architecture and build phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate.
- Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features. Develops professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Strengthens productive internal/external working relationships.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Usually works with some supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual or complex matters.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function.
- Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur. Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Acts as individual contributor as well as team member.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships.
- Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field experience OR High School/ GED and at least 4 years of Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field experience
- Experience writing code for applications or automation
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices, APIs or mobile applications
- Experience building, testing applications or automation
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix moderate problems/issues
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (domestically and/or internationally).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 2 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Previous experience with full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems.
- Proficient in back-end languages like Java, Node/Typescript, etc. with exposure to performance optimization of high traffic & scalable services.
- Hands on with modern UI frameworks like React with good knowledge of front-end design pattern (stateless components, conditional rendering, controlled components, hooks etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of distributed SQL (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) design & consumption patterns.
- Have an exposure to implementation, capacity planning & performance tuning of Cloud technologies – Azure (ACS, AKS), Google, IBM, AWS or Cloud Foundry.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing & operations.