Senior Manager, Data Governance Process
Own the data integrity of all MDM Systems from a Business perspective. Responsible for defining, prioritizing, and evaluating the data across applications ultimately to maximize end-user business value. Develop and execute MDM Data Integrity Roadmap, share quarterly updates with MDM Leadership, Data Governance Council and Stakeholders. For commercially owned software, be a liaison and connection with software development relationship team; for internal system development, provide vision, direction, and business validation to IT development team and stakeholders throughout the data integration lifecycle. The role is highly collaborative, requiring regular communication and alignment with business stakeholders, IT developers, architects, operations, projects, and other data teams.
- Executes and/or oversees processes and approaches, working with long-term perspective; translates strategic goals into actionable tactics and objectives. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Ensures the development of innovative approaches, processes, and solutions that support department and division strategies. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delays in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities
- Interacts regularly with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas and or stakeholders. Requires the ability to change the things of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
- Creates and fosters high performance culture, focused on engagement, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Owns and manages relationships with third party service providers, including partner selection, contract negotiation, and performance management.
- Transfers knowledge across functional lines, promoting teamwork, and empowerment to achieve established objectives.
- Champions company initiatives, connecting efforts to company vision and purpose and driving increased engagement.
- Monitors industry trends, best practices, and regulatory issues as they relate to specific area(s) of responsibility and shares learnings, as appropriate, with direct reports and peers.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co, has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a High School/GED plus 7 years of experience in a supply chain or business role.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with SAP MDG and SAP S/4 Hana for IS Retail
- Experience with Product Information Management tools such as Stibo Systems
- Experience with Data Governance processes and tools such as Collibra/ Ataccama
- Experience with budgeting and financial tracking of business programs