Senior Analyst- Customer Value
- Assists the Customer Value Manager and Director in developing value investment strategy for orchestrating value across different levels.
- Conceptualizes highly complex analytics to provide insights on value delivery.
- Conducts analysis to compare ROI metrics across different value levers and propose strategy to shift to high ROI areas (for example, mass promo to personalization).
- Builds and updates quantitative models to project and measure financial impact of different value levers and investments.
- Works cross-functionally to source data for ad hoc analysis requests and standardized reporting.
- Produces standardized reports and communicates to stakeholders.
- Reviews and validates recommendations for area of expertise; Ensure analysis and recommendations align with strategy.
- Evaluates best practices, methodology and tools and seek to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
- Presents deliverables and post-analyses specific to area of responsibility to the Customer Value team and other key stakeholders.
- Performs ad-hoc strategic analysis and reporting, e.g., assess inflationary impacts on value delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of experience in an analytical role in one or more of the following: retail, merchandising, promotions, planning, finance, business analysis or quantitative analysis OR High School/ GED + at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in one or more of the following: retail, merchandising, promotions, planning, finance, business analysis or quantitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in applying analytics principles (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Business Management, Economics or Finance).
- At least 1 year of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and recommends solutions, superior critical thinking skills, and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate level skill in SQL (create complex queries using nested SELECT statements, simplify queries by creating new views, deleting and altering tables, using Boolean logic, working with NULL values, constructing queries, etc)
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- 2 years or more experience in one or more of the following: retail, merchandising, promotions, planning, finance, business analysis or quantitative analysis.
- Experience writing macros.
- Quantitative proficiency: Highly analytical and proficient in problem solving; ability to analyze large data sets, synthesize information, generate insights, and provide recommendations.
- Tools/ technical abilities: proficient in excel. Experience in SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, Python, and/or relational database skills are a plus.
- Customer value levers experience: previous experience in Promotion planning, Pricing, Personalization, Loyalty and other customer value delivery levers are a big plus