Principal Enterprise Architect (Remote)
This role is part of the OneIT global enterprise architecture team which plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the Company’s technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap that underpins the Walgreens Health business segment. Provides enterprise healthcare architecture capability and expertise required to ensure healthcare investments, initiatives and projects can realize desired business benefits and create reusable corporate assets (data, solutions and services) which protect customer/patient information privacy and security by design. Partners with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technology, services and business solutions not only align with the Company’s overall objectives, but also ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the Company’s mission and vision. Creates processes, standards, governance, portfolios, and/or innovates emerging technologies and services to result in achievement of the overall business vision. Takes ownership of the overall enterprise architecture direction for the company, vision and defining the associated strategy in one or more domains, such as, business, data, technology, application etc. May direct staff members through direct or indirect oversight
- Provides enterprise architecture capability and expertise required to ensure investments, initiatives and projects can realize desired business benefits. Creates reusable corporate assets (data,solutions and services) which may protect customer/patient information privacy and security by design.
- Collaborates with Business and IT Leadership to build strategic roadmap for platforms/systems supporting the Walgreens Health business segment. Aligns IT strategy and planning with the Company’s business goals and objectives. Seamlessly integrates business and service strategy into the overall enterprise architecture roadmap
- Develops and maintains enterprise architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the information needs of the business and/or may manage and perform research and discovery activities, vet ideas, explore and validate emerging technologies, trends and possibilities relevant to strategic and technical direction, while supporting business innovation and playing the role of a change agent
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions. Partners with Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company. Manages and/or facilitates Review Boards to evaluate project and technology proposals for healthcare architectural or technology fit.
- May Facilitate the sharing of architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of an architecture community of practice OR provide regular visibility and communicate the R&D findings and perspectives to executive leadership to help scope business and technology long term vision.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks proactively.
- Mentors and guides less experienced architects through onboarding, training, or development .
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years OR High School/GED and at least 9 years Experience in and IT Engineering and/or an Architecture role
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in Architecture Strategy, Roadmap, and technologies
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies (Design patterns, frameworks, value-based healthcare solutions, cloud technologies, public cloud technologies, customer / patient engagement solutions)
- At least 2 years of experience in domains specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones;
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users, management, and leadership in adoption of technical and service-based solutions.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors. Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience leading enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework).
- Knowledge of healthcare and retail industry trends, typical solutions and strategic directions.
- Experience as an Solutions Architect at the Enterprise level
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years of experience in Healthcare Architecture.
- Experience in domain-specific healthcare architecture concepts