Director, Tech Lead
Job Classification:Project Mgmt, Transformation & Strategy - Project Mgmt, Transformation & Strategy
Are you interested in building capabilities that enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency? The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA! When you join our organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock an exciting and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
As a Director, Tech Lead – Digital Technology on the Digital Enablement team you will be responsible for building, influencing, and driving the adoption of common digital technology platforms. You will partner with product owners, designers, engineers and delivery professionals to improve Prudential’s Priority Experiences and Journeys. You will provide guidance on technical strategy, design the overall technology architecture and mentor and coach the technical team as you implement capabilities to solve sophisticated business problems, deploy innovative products, services and experiences to delight our customers! In addition to deep technical expertise and experience, you will bring excellent problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, along with agile ways of working, strong business insight, an inclusive leadership attitude and a continuous learning focus to all that you do.
Here is What You Can Expect on a Typical Day
- Drive the digital solutions, products and services vision, designing the overall technological architecture of the customer focused experiences across specific business agile teams, with support of the team
- Responsible for technical design and infrastructure / environments strategy, including deployments, ensuring that these are kept in-line with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) mentality of ‘emerging architecture’
- Collaborate with product owners in aligning the roadmap accounting for strengths and opportunities within the technical stack, bringing forward business acuity and knowledge to influence decisions
- Guide Agile teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration, and automated deployment, as a leader and doer helping to interpret technology strategy into consumable units of work
- Mentor and coach the technical team on results and timelines, including support with code reviews, domain knowledge and ownership and bring a deep understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, embedding learning and innovation in the day-to-day
- Identify and remove sophisticated technical impediments that may arise within the team
- Code and help the Agile team to develop solutions and solve all surfacing problems at hand, constantly look for innovative ways of solving technical problems and crafting the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Serve as a technical liaison with adjacent areas to integrate applications and implement modern engineering best practices for higher code quality
The Skills & Expertise You Bring
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Lead and effectively leverage diverse ideas, experiences, thoughts and perspectives to the benefit of the organization
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge on an on-going basis through self-initiative and tackling challenges
- Strong executive presence with an ability to translate and communicate sophisticated technical solutions in understandable terms to a broad range of audiences
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills
Significant experience and/or deep expertise with several of the following:
- AWS cloud development skills
- Micro-services & micro-frontend architecture.
- High level Understanding of Data modeling and architecture
- API, Data Integration Technologies
- Understanding of Mobile development frameworks
- Experience with advanced/predictive analytics, AI/ML capabilities, cognitive/conversational, chatbots
- Understand of Robotics technology
- Designing and adopting Web Analytics tools - Google Analytics & Adobe
- Enterprise architecture practices, preferably TOGAF
- Domain driven design
- Financial/Insurance industry experience is a plus, not a must
You’ll Love Working Here Because You Can
Join a team and culture where your voice matters; where every day, your work transforms our experiences to make lives better. As you put your skills to use, we’ll help you make an even bigger impact with learning experiences that can grow your technical AND leadership capabilities. You’ll be surprised by what this rock-solid organization has in store for you.Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $133,800.00 to $181,000.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.