Senior Actuarial Associate
Job Classification:Actuarial - Actuarial
The ILI End-to-End Modeling team is at a pivotal point in our transformation as an actuarial modeling team, taking advantage of opportunities to rethink how we approach building our models. Our overarching goal over the next several years will be to shift from a modeling team that utilizes multiple vendor platforms to produce projected liability cash flows across different use cases to a modeling team that utilizes a single vendor platform to support all use cases, supplemented by open-source modeling capabilities to enhance our processes, testing and automation.
This Senior Actuarial Associate role will join the agile team responsible for ongoing maintenance of both interest sensitive and traditional life products in PolySystems for Statutory, Tax and GAAP valuation, as well as the completion of the VM-20 build, and LDTI build for restatements and go live. This role offers a candidate the opportunity to support everything from implementation of regulatory updates, internal assumption methodology changes, reinsurance arrangements, model run automation and new product onboarding.
We are looking for driven, intellectually curious leaders with the technical aptitude to quickly grasp vendor systems to make significant contributions in a short timeframe. In this role you will have direct influence over both our development process and model architecture to create operational and foundational value through executing on critical model features and increasing automation around our development, testing and deployment process.
Areas of focus:
· Develop and test PolySystems for new individual life products and regulatory requirements (e.g. PBR, Targeted Improvements)
· Lean into agile best practices to drive culture of technical excellence, focus on value, and prioritization.
· Leverage new technology like Python, SQL, and Power BI to develop and enhance processes to drive material operational efficiency and build foundational capabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, actuarial science, or related field
· 2+ years of actuarial experience
· Highly self-motivated individual that is adaptable to change and a quick learner
· Strong team player that is willing to perform in roles that assist as well as lead
· Familiarity with actuarial / finance concepts
· Familiarity with Individual Life products
· Experience with actuarial modeling (PolySystems, AXIS)
· Familiarity with Individual Life GAAP accounting / Stat reserving
· Experience with Excel, Python, Power BI, and SQL
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Professional designation (ASA) or progress towards
· Open to remote/virtual location outside of commutable Newark, NJNote: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $93,200.00 to $138,600.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.