Senior Data Scientist, AdTech
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
The mission of the Advertising Technology organization is to advance Walmart e-Commerce by driving higher value for our customers and vendor partners. Walmart is investing in building a world class advertising platform and the Ads team is responsible for defining, innovating and building performance advertising products that drive product discovery, sales and profits.
The Senior Data Scientist / Applied Machine Learning Scientist - Computational Advertising is a critical data science/applied machine learning role that uses cutting-edge machine learning, deep learning, big data mining and optimization techniques to solve the challenging problems from ads relevance, ranking to campaign optimization. You will have a chance to work with the worlds' best machine learning scientists, engineers and product managers to solve some of the most challenging problems from e-Commerce and advertising business.
You'll make an impact by:
- Research, innovate and develop cutting-edge machine learning models and algorithms with high-dimensional, complicated unstructured and structured data.
- Experiment and process large scale e-Commerce datasets using distributed computing platform, mining insights from data, discover and build models that optimize towards various business goals and metrics.
- Build advanced feature extraction algorithms that feed into various advertising applications, including audience targeting, relevance and ranking, measurement and optimization.
- Build machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, active learning algorithms to continuously drive ads relevance and conversions; build end to end system and solution to optimize advertising products performance.
- Conduct large scale A/B testing and offline/online experiments to evaluate performance of new machine learning models which serve hundreds of millions of ad impressions per day.
- Work closely with leaderships, product managers, system engineers to continuously and collaboratively ship new models, algorithms and improvements into production. Present business insights internally and externally.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Research, design, and implement data models and cutting edge algorithms on high-dimensional, fast-moving, unstructured and structured data.
- Process complicated and large scale datasets using distributed computing platform, extract insights from data, predict future trends, and optimize towards business metrics.
- Build advanced feature extraction algorithms that feed into various advertising applications, including audience targeting, relevance and ranking, and performance optimization.
- Build machine learning and statistical models to predict or estimate key signals that are used to optimize advertising product performance.
- Run large scale statistical A/B testing to evaluate performance of machine learning and statistical models in advertising applications which serve hundreds of millions of impressions per day.
- Build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards for monitoring and sharing business insights internally and externally.
About Global Technology
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $144,000.00-$200,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America