Senior Director, Analytics
This position will be responsible for the use of data and analytics to drive business results; helping to develop strategy to leverage internal and external information to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities. Will lead a team that takes complex business issues, structures workstreams / analyses to drive insights and recommends business improvement opportunities. Responsible for reporting, monitoring, analyzing data and trends, and communicating these business results across various audiences and partnering on strategic initiatives to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Manages the development of highly complex and intricate financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in support of division goals for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Provides advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Provides advanced guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Oversees financial aspects of vendor negotiations, funding issues and related efforts.
- Manages the development of highly complex and intricate financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Oversees Financial and/or other support staff as necessary for department operations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of external experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- At least 1 year of experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, and financial model development processes.
- At least 1 year of experience developing justifications for capital expenditures.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or MBA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred certification in Public Accounting as granted by state Accounting Board.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- At least 3 years of experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, financial model development processes.