Senior Director, Epidemiology, RWE Clinical Trials
- Develop and deliver insightful, impactful, clinical research studies to address pharmaceutical and biotech research objectives
- Act as a primary leader of client engagements throughout the study process; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high-value, high-impact studies
- Provide scientific and strategic input for client reports and presentations
- Line management responsibilities for junior staff
- Lead thought-leadership and firm-building initiatives for scientific, high visibility industry topics
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with clients
- Enhance awareness of consulting services through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications
- Develop individuals and capabilities through SME knowledge sharing, mentoring and coaching to deliver must have scientific solutions for clients
- Create and elevate scientific business opportunities through the identification of value-added followon work and identify new scientific opportunities with existing and new clients
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View]
- Ph.D. in epidemiology, biostatistics, or other allied health discipline or ScD in epidemiology, biostatistics, or other allied health discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant post-doctoral experience in consulting, CRO, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression required
- Strong epidemiological skills with experience designing and delivering clinical research studies including observational or real-world studies and clinical trials involving a variety of treatment modalities
- Experience in writing study protocols and delivering SAPs, CSRs, Literature searches
- Strong experience in and commitment to the life sciences and or healthcare industries
- Demonstrated success in promoting complex scientific strategy and delivery engagements to top biopharma companies through participation in proposal development and client review
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and or crossfunctional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to at least (25%) of the time for business purposes(within state and out of state).
- At least 15 years of relevant post-doctoral experience in consulting, CRO, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression required
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and practices; act as subject matter expert in the development and maintenance of the Safety Quality System and training tools programs as they relate to epidemiology
- Deep expertise in ePRO, EMR Health IT, disease registries, and insurance claims databases
- Expertise in clinical data standards, medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies used in healthcare data and ontologies (ICD9/10/ReadCode)
- Experience in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and or regulatory compliance guidelines for real-world evidence studies or clinical trials (e.g., ISO, MDD/MDR, CFR)
- Experience working on alternative data sources and alternative methods of clinical data collection, especially those enabled by technology platforms and or solutions.
- Experience with adaptive designs, Bayesian modeling, sequential data, and computational statistics