(USA) Senior Meat Cutter
- Be a Team Member: Collaborates with cross functional teams and helps educate other associates on tools, tasks and resources; communicating effectively and developing interpersonal skills for providing customer service; being flexible to the needs of the business; tracking goods, maintaining in-stock levels, and controlling shrinkage.
- Be an Expert: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the various types and seasonality of different meat products, equipment usage, and backroom operations; providing meat products to members by processing meat according to specifications (for example, cutting, slicing, grinding, and wrapping meat products); ensuring compliance with food safety standards, sanitation guidelines, and inventory management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the business results, ensuring commitment to operational excellence, planning for profitability, maintaining a work area according to company policies and procedures; ensuring quality and standards for high volume meat products; eliminating waste; securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise; assisting members with purchasing decisions; and ensuring merchandise is properly packaged, labeled and stored.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in the meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; interacting with associates to understand the roadblocks and assists in training them to perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View]
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see [Register to View]
The hourly wage range for this position is $19.00 to $26.00*
*The actual hourly rate will equal or exceed the required minimum wage applicable to the job location.
Additional Compensation Includes Annual Or Quarterly Performance Incentives.
Additional compensation in the form of premiums may be paid in amounts ranging from $0.35 per hour to $3.00 per hour in specific circumstances. Premiums may be based on schedule, facility, season, or specific work performed. Multiple premiums may apply if applicable criteria are met.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications6 months' experience working in a fresh production department.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Meat Processing Area
17099 BROOKHURST ST, FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA 92708-3601, United States of America