Senior Manager, Walgreens Business Services
Provides dedicated support for Walgreens Business Services program by facilitating business case and timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary. Partners with business teams to actively identify and develop strategies to maximize the benefits of Walgreens Business Services. Develops strategic approach and program objectives while defining timeline. Serves as a trusted, results oriented, subject matter expert and key relationship program liaison. Responsible for ensuring necessary documentation such as statement of work (SOW), standard operating procedures (SOPs), and service level agreements (SLAs) are developed and monitored. Validates financial metrics for program are reported and operating within business budget. Verifies program issues are resolved expeditiously.
- Serve as a liaison between Walgreens business areas, corporate functions within Walgreens and off shore team
- Regularly engages with Walgreens business management and Off Shore team manage to identify and scope new opportunities
- Works with Business Process Leads to develop strategies, identify activities, applications and resource requirements needed
- Builds robust timeline of requirements based on nature of work and manages execution of plan
- Resolves conflicts and negotiates with stakeholders when appropriate
- Analyzes and shares program specific insights and recommendations to achieve operational effectiveness and expected benefits capture. Assesses and measures ongoing impact and evaluates changes to key assumptions / planned impact
- Document business area requirements such as SOWs, SOPs, SLAs and change requests and monitor off shore teams adherence to requirements
- Establish communication and governance protocols between assigned US business areas and off shore teams
- Processes and synthesizes program outputs into executive level presentations, updates, risks, mitigations, and business recommendations
- Track and regularly report program progress, milestones, timeline adherence and financial impacts to Walgreens Business Services team
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View]
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in Strategy, Program Management, Project Management or Process Improvement OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Strategy, Program Management, Project Management or Process Improvement
- Financial management skills including budget, analysis, and cost center management including ability to drive continuous improvements driving both cost containment and cost reduction
- Extensive experience applying or executing project management methodologies and practices including developing a project plan, charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, including knowledge of complex project management financials.
- Experience presenting and reporting on program plans and cost benefit analysis to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 15% of the time for business purposes (domestically or internationally).
- MBA/Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of business practices as related to functional area (e.g., strategy, project management, lean six sigma).
- Experience facilitating with strategic planning initiatives.
- Experience working with off shore operational models
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- Experience with PPM tools.
- Experience influencing others, including senior leadership and vendors.
- Acquired PMP Certification or willingness to obtain certification.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project