Senior Pharmacy Technician Fulfillment Center-MEM
- Ensures Micro fulfillment Centers interactions with the pharmacies served receive the patient’s prescriptions in timely manner. Resolves store issues as they relate to prescription requests to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers and team members.
- Under the supervision by the Group Supervisor, Pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Performs duties as assigned by, Group Supervisor Pharmacist and including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists Group Supervisor, Pharmacist in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
- Leads inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, sorting, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assists and supports Group Supervisor, Pharmacist and site Pharmacists in analyzing and seeking to improve pharmacy financial, customer service and inventory performance data; reviewing Rx KPIs with Group Supervisor, Pharmacist.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Micro Fulfillment Center is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Coaches pharmacy technicians and Fulfillment Specialists in the correct use of processes and tools in order to drive efficiency within the Micro Fulfillment Center.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains PTCB or ExCPT certification through the designated PTCB or ExCPT training program and/or state required certification/registration.
- Attends training and completes learning modules requested by manager and acquires continuing education credits.
- Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance Nasdaq: WBA is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers and patients needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- State board of pharmacy licensure active and in good-standing.
- PTCB or ExCPT certification (except in Puerto Rico).
- One year of work experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail, fulfillment or hospital setting.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico).
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer basic math skills (counting, measuring and weighing medications).
- Prefer basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Prefer knowledge of inventory control.