Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Manager I, Construction - Industrial Remodel
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
What you will do...
- Manage construction and negotiation of projects supporting the rollout of initiatives within the Supply Chain network.
- Responsible for oversight and management of general contractors supporting project construction and design from development thru execution and warranty.
- Responsible for overall onsite management of the general contractor and third-party vendors, coordination with operations, and any others as needed to execute work.
- Responsible for the creation and management of the overall construction schedule for each project in coordination with all business partners.
- Ensures construction budgets are met by advising and reviewing pre-construction budgets; reviewing and tracking monthly and quarterly budget reports; working with contractors and estimating department to resolve claims; reviewing and approving contractor payments, change orders, and invoices; and managing project scope and contingency.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with laws and regulations for construction projects by establishing, communicating, and monitoring standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work; collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes to comply with compliance obligations; resolving noncompliance ; maintaining certifications ; enforcing standards with regulations and company programs ; and providing guidance to team members in the application of new or changing initiatives.
- Partners with project managers and general contractors to create/evaluate project schedules; coordinating efforts between internal and external business units; resolving conflicts; serving as a company representative with municipalities and public officials to ensure compliance and delivery of high-quality projects; and ensuring the quality and functionality of the project's construction following turnover to operations through the warranty period.
- Presents to key leadership and partners while keeping stakeholders updated on progress.
- Partnering with internal and external teams for coordination of project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Observes trends across the program and brings awareness to the team providing insight, consistency and developing cross functional solutions where needed.
- Develop ways of working thru coordination with cross functional teams, securing leadership and support group buy-in, communicating and training for the team and other impacted groups.
- Lead project coordination meetings involving all key stakeholders for implementation of the work.
- Serves as a team lead and/or subject matter expert that supports other WM Business initiatives, to consult with and provide direction to their project specific needs, while keeping leadership up to date.
- Seeks and implements opportunities within the program to develop or refine process that optimize procedures, reduce time, while providing better consistency.
- Maintaining, communicating, and adjusting timelines and working with contractors to ensure project milestones are met; verifying material procurement and deliveries are synchronized with project schedules; visiting sites and monitoring contractor work and schedules to ensure construction quality is consistent with design specifications and timelines; and monitoring and ensuring resolution of outstanding construction issues and work to be corrected or completed.
- Focuses on continued education to increase technical skills and individual development; utilizing available resources to help manage a project; acting independently when complexity of a project is increased; acting independently when the financial impact to a project is increased; establishing and communicating project risk levels and anticipating risk factors; training and directing general contractors for improved delivery of construction projects; and effectively modeling Walmart culture and building internal and external relationships through effective communication and dispute resolution.
- Position requires travel for approximately 80% of time.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have a growth mindset and believe in constant improvement for yourself and your business
- You are a self-starter, resourceful and able to work effectively with little direction
- You are a problem solver, proactive, and able to break down barriers
- You have a startup mentality: creative, able to work with ambiguity, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- You are great at prioritizing and coordinatingaction plans with cross-functional teams, but also comfortable with shifting priorities
- You have strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills coupled with strong communication skills to disseminate information clearly to all audiences of all backgrounds
- You have proven strengths inmanaging stakeholders and conflicting priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related retail industrial development design fields and 3-5 years' experience in Commercial Real Estate or Warehouse site development, building design, and construction management OR 8-10 years' experience in other site development, building design, and construction management.
- 3-5 years' experience in construction and project management.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to managing multiple site development projects at one time, either new construction or existing TI (tenant improvement) from either the site/building design, project management, or construction management perspective.
- Experience with projects involving automation on industrial scale
- Experience with projects in operating facilities.
- Experience with Industrial Remodels.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and 3 years' experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area OR 5 years' experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America