Director, Product Management (US) - Marketplace Partner Support
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
Providing tools, resources and helping our sellers succeed is critical to serve our customers and continue growing our Marketplace business.
The Marketplace Partner Care & Support is responsible for ensuring the right help tools and technologies are in place and well-functioning to drive operation, growth, and scalability of Marketplace Support now and in the future. We are looking for an experienced Product leader to drive innovation in improving the Sellers, the support agents, and the content strategy team's experience with Knowledge Management & Content Management Systems, as well as other help tools and technologies that support our partner care business.
As Director of Product, you will need to have the passion and ability to wear multiple hats, partnering with design, engineering, operations, and analytics teams across the Product and Service operations organization to deliver the best in class help experience.
You'll sweep us off our feet...
- You have experience in building strategy and launching user experience-based products for 2-sided businesses.
- Ability to make tough decisions informed by both data and judgment.
- You have experience in building product experiences and tools that anticipate users need before they contact agents. In expanding automation and deflecting users from opening cases with live agent.
- Deep focus on delivering a great user and agent experience and demonstrated record of executing projects that measurably improved outcomes.
- Organizational leadership and influence without authority
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: great memos and presentations, an ability to build trust and create collaborative partnerships cross-functionally are extremely important.
- Have scaled not just product but product teams as well (managing ICs & team leads).
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead partners such as operations, designers, and engineers.
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity and can navigate large stakeholder groups.
- You are user obsessed and always think about the why before talking about the what and how.
- Prior experience focusing on Customer Servicewith extensive knowledge of operations and CMS tools.
- Experience working on global products is also beneficial.
You'll make an impact by ...
- Providing product management leadership for your product teams, our Operations & Content Management teams including features/capabilities, platform optimizations, data pipelines, APIs, and integrations.
- Develop an actionable roadmap that empowers your team to realize the product strategy and execute that strategy with clearly articulated and well measured goals
- Build a culture of biasing for action, moving fast and working in an agile, iterative team environment.
- Partner with each functional team to better understand their vision and challenges and deliver the best possible solutions together.
- Manage the development and delivery of product features through close collaboration with our engineering and data scientist teams.
- Understand any differences in support expectations in different regions around the world, and tailor experience accordingly.
- Expand product management responsibility to other tools as business needs present.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $192,000.00-$288,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years' experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years' experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years' experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America