Senior Merchandising Director (HO) - Consumables H&W Business Development
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
Senior Merchandising Director - Consumables H&W Business Development
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability - and everything in between.
As a Senior Merchandising Director, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you'll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you'll do...
As a Senior Merchandising Director, you will work across all facets of the business, including but not limited to category strategy, team management, budgeting and forecasting, modular and assortments, replenishment and supplier negotiations. You will own and set the overall strategic direction for the business unit and align with broader Walmart strategies. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Your success requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You'll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You enjoy owning and developing strategic plans for highly complex categories, supporting long term business plans and executing prioritized strategic initiatives.
- You are data savvy, can analyze competition, customer behavior, industry trends, and the macro environment.
- You are omni channel customer-focused, understand customer behavior across channels and make customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touchpoints.
- You guide suppliers, vendors and your team in the development of customer focused processes and products.
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
You'll make an impact by:
- Setting the category strategy: you'll own the strategy and growth for multiple formats and departments for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories by identifying relevant trends to meet diverse customer needs.
- Growing your business: you'll drive the planning, budgeting, forecasting and growth for your categories and establish a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape to incorporate into your business plans.
- Building relationships: you'll establish and influence high-visibility supplier relationships.
- Leading your team: you'll determine and support resource requirements, evaluate operational processes, measure outcomes and identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities, all while demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Knowing your category: you're always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field and 5 years' experience in merchandising, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related area OR 7 years' experience in merchandising, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related area.
2 years' supervisory experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading cross-functional teams, Negotiating in a merchandising field, Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility
Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America