Coordinates the work schedules of relief pharmacists for own area using the market scheduling system. Performs various administrative duties in an efficient manner to support the Healthcare Supervisor. Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
• Models and shares customer service best practices with all area staff to deliver a distinctive and
delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact,
courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs,
servicing until satisfied, etc.).
• Schedules and places pharmacists in open shifts due to PTO, disability, jury duty, and “no shows”.
• Schedules, prioritizes and follows up on meetings and appointments. Maintains calendar, issues
reminders, and monitors appointments for the Healthcare Supervisor. Organizes and maintains
paperwork and files.
• Creates and releases the work schedule for relief pharmacists using the market scheduling
• Cascades key communications to the area and associated districts, as instructed by HCS
• Coordinates schedules of full time pharmacists in need of extra shifts to complete their schedule
and to minimize the amount of premium pay incurred to cover shifts.
• Maintains credentialing, licensing and PTCB compliance status for all area pharmacy staff on the
• Makes necessary travel arrangements, including ground transportation and hotel
accommodations. Prepares travel itineraries for Healthcare Supervisor. Processes expense
• Supports Healthcare Supervisor with store visit scheduling, preparation, visit documentation and
• Prepares salaried pharmacist payroll for Healthcare Supervisor to approve; resolves payroll issues
• Provides pharmacy recruitment support for Healthcare Supervisor: communicates with target
schools and internal recruiting teams, coordinates campus recruiting events, follows up with
interview candidates to provide interview logistics and/or offer details.
• Manages pharmacy intern program, in support of the Healthcare Supervisor.
• When time permits, coordinates meetings by preparing logistics (travel, lodging), preparing
meeting content, and ensuring availability of appropriate software, equipment, meeting space,
and other items (food, supplies).
• When time permits, screens correspondences, prioritizes mail, and drafts responses as
appropriate. Refers more complex issues and/or urgent matters to the appropriate individual,
gathers any additional information needed to respond.
• Handles confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with
• Performs general office duties and completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned
(e.g. report generation, healthcare initiative support)
Training & Personal Development
• Attends training and completes training modules as requested by Director Pharmacy & Retail
Operations or Healthcare Supervisor.
• Seeks self-development by monitoring one’s performance, setting high personal standards,
seeking best practices, learning from others, and improving one’s job performance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.