Senior Algorithms & Machine Learning Scientist
- Develops and deploys scalable algorithms and models for solving various business problems and driving value for Walgreens Boots Alliance, drawing from knowledge and experience in machine learning/AI, constrained optimization, statistical theory, graph theory, or related fields. Application areas include, but are not limited to, prescription adherence improvement; patient health/outcome improvement; algorithmic process improvement/automation; labor scheduling and optimization; demand forecasting; supply chain optimization; capacity planning and network flow optimization; cost to serve optimization; pricing and promotions optimization; assortment and localization optimization; marketing intelligence; and personalization.
- Collaborates with business clients, product managers, data engineers, front end developers, and other team members to build and deploy scalable ML/AI infused applications, or other data centric products that incorporate constrained optimization, statistical theory, large-scale forecasting, etc.
- Develops and executes on ML/AI strategies and plans.
- Works with key stakeholders to formulate a comprehensive plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of ML/AI capabilities to identify new growth areas, new and emerging opportunities. Conducts research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends strategies by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with peers to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, Computational or Decision Sciences, or a related quantitative field.
- Proficient level in at least one general purpose programming language, such as Python, C/C++, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Advance knowledge of SQL
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe/Caffe2, Gluon, Keras, or similar frameworks
- Experience with cloud deployment of ML/AI applications
- Knowledge of Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Service, etc.)