Job Responsibilities :
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains efficient operation of material handling equipment by clearing jams and removing foreign materials.
- Performs general building maintenance as directed, such as lamp replacement, simple construction, wiring, repair of overhead doors and plumbing.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology OR at least 2 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of industrial electricity including single phase and three phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- At least 6 months experience with hand and power tools (such as drills, fasteners and saws) in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical theory including bearings, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor, construction, and operation.
- Willing and able to climb to the 100 foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation.