Baker and Packager Associate
Do you have a knack for helping people, following recipes and organization? Our Bakery/Packager associates prepare fresh baked items daily for our members through follow recipes and wrapping, labeling, and storing merchandise to ensure our members have the freshest items available to take home to their families. There are times when you will juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping members with their bakery orders. It's hard work, but our bakery team finds it rewarding, especially since they're a part of a large team with a common goal: happy, satisfied members.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You thrive in fast-paced environments
• You're a multi-tasker at heart
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You can stand for long periods of time while assisting members quickly and accurately
• You're a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence
You will make an impact by:
• Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
• Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering any questions they may have
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Collaborates with other associates to build a strong bakery team; communicating with the members of the team; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas..
- Be an Expert: Prepares bakery department merchandise based on daily production needs by operating baking equipment; following recipes/make-up instructions; wrapping, labeling, and storing merchandise according to company policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with food safety standards, sanitation guidelines, cold chain compliance, and inventory management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment; and demonstrating understanding of product and layout execution..
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, merchandise ordering, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Ensures commitment to operational excellence, maintaining work area according to company policies and procedures; ensuring quality and date control standards for bakery items; securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise; eliminating waste; assisting members with purchasing decisions; and ensuring merchandise is properly packaged, labeled, and stored in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy, commitment, and passion for the work.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
921 VIEWMONT DR, SCRANTON DICKSON CITY, PA 18519-1663, United States of America