Financial Professional Associate
The Financial Professional Associate career with Prudential Advisors is multi-faceted. In general, the entrepreneurial individual who successfully qualifies and is selected for this career opportunity will work within a team of Financial Professionals whose goal is to successfully help their clients achieve financial goals.
The Financial Professional Associate will participate in a comprehensive development program that is ongoing throughout their career and designed to offer many future career choices. Those choices include (among others) becoming a solution specialist, a fee based financial planner, or progressing into a leadership role and leading a team of advisors.
- Consult with clients to create needs-based solutions to help clients meet their financial goals by applying a combination of investment, protection and retirement planning strategies
- Build a loyal client base by networking, target marketing and excellent customer service
- Assist existing Prudential clients through our lead generation programs
- Work in a team environment to assemble the best possible solutions for our clients
Essential Career Functions
A successful Financial Professional Associate at Prudential Advisors can master the complexities of our industry. They will understand how changes in our industry and the world can affect the recommendations we make to our clients. A day in the life of a Financial Professional Associate may include the following:
- Developing marketing strategies to continually engage existing clients and prospect for potential clients
- Analyzing information gathered from client meetings and developing proposed solutions
- Establish financial plans for clients as a licensed financial planner
- Conducting outreach to existing clients to ensure their portfolios are current and satisfactory to meet their individual needs and goals
- Delivering educational presentations or seminars to individuals or groups regarding a broad range of topics relevant to investment, retirement or protection options
- Ensuring that all work abides by compliance standards set forth by the industry’s regulatory bodies as well as Prudential Advisors
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Prudential Advisors, one of the Prudential Financial Companies, is looking for individuals who are committed to making an impact in the lives of the people with whom we work. Because of our comprehensive training and development program, no prior knowledge of the financial services industry is required, but prior exposure to the industry and the career is a plus. We are seeking individuals with these attributes:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Customer service champion
- Engaging and compelling communicator and negotiator
- Problem solver
- Life-long student (seeks continued education and professional development)
- Critical thinker
- Prior sales experience is a plus
- College degree a plus but equivalent work/life experience will be considered. A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call [Register to View] , prompt 4 or email [Register to View]
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.