Store No. 8 - Desktop Support Specialist - Seattle
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
Store No. 8 has an Augmented Reality studio based in the Seattle area. We are a team of engineers, designers, innovators and creators dedicated to paving the way for augmented reality applications in the retail space. Our focus is on functional use cases that merge diverse data streams and personalized information with specific physical locations to create productive and entertaining immersive real-world shopping experiences.
What you'll do:
Store Number 8 is looking for an experienced Desktop Support Specialist who will report directly to our Director of IT. This highly customer-focused role includes assisting associates with technical support of desktop computers, laptops, applications, mobile devices, and related technology. Other duties of this role also include setup of local and remote new hires including building user accounts, email accounts, all related system access and roles, imaging and deploying computers and supporting deployed systems.
This role requires independent analysis, strong communication, reliability, and excellent problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with frequent unannounced requests and the ability to handle these requests in a friendly and timely manner. You will have success in this role if you are able to change gears quickly, balance numerous tasks in tandem and do so in a fast paced environment with little supervision.
- Performs a full range of computer administration functions with minimal direction and/or technical support following process, while helping develop expedient procedures and helping to continually improve IT .
- Install and configure system hardware, software, printers and verify network connectivity.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and technical liaison functions.
- Design and implement troubleshooting and correction plans, develop and coordinate user training programs and documenting all processes and procedures.
- Assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new software products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment.
- Participate in performance and volume analysis and design.
- Participate in meetings and projects as assigned
- Provide technical support for desktops, laptops, printers, software and other associated hardware connected to a user's device.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field OR 2 years' experience in technology, system management and integration, process design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Using advanced functionality of Microsoft Office, Working in a support role or computer operations environment
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America