Senior Sales Engineer - Miami, FL
Lightpath is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering high speed fiber data, voice and video services to the nation’s most demanding customers. Our mission critical infrastructure acts as the underlying transport across verticals such as media, content, financial, retail healthcare, education and more.
The Senior Sales Engineer accompanies Account Executives and Outside Sales Representatives on sales visits, performs site surveys, and makes product recommendations. Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Essential Functions
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary.
- Ability to complete documentation, and inspect, install, and repair materials and equipment.
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone.
- Ability to regularly carry, lift and move up to 80 pounds of equipment.
- Ability to occasionally carry, lift, and move up to 100 pounds of equipment.
- The job demands sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, and squatting.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to analyze accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within Company standards
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field or equivalent experience required
- Major Account experience
- Industry networking certifications including CCNA or CCDA or equivalent certification required
- Knowledge of telephony, data, and video products and services
- Ability to effectively communicate with Account Executives, Outside Sales Reps, customers, and other functional groups as necessary.
- Ability to analyze orders to determine accuracy and completeness
- Computer skills including Windows based applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to travel to customer locations within the system.
- 5 - 10 years network engineering/administrator experience preferred
- 5 - 10 years network sales experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing voice/data/telephony LAN and IP Networks, including frame relay or ATM network preferred
- CCNP, CCIE, or JNTCP desired
- Consultative selling experience preferred Working Conditions
- Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.