Cardiovascular Institutional Sales Specialist – Worcester – Remote
The Cardiovascular Institutional Sales Specialist (ISS) will be responsible for driving appropriate access pull-through in targeted hospital with the cardiovascular brand portfolio. Responsibilities will include driving demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned cardiovascular academic and government institutions. The Institutional Sales Specialist will collaborate with cardiovascular Sales, Marketing, US Market Access, Patient Services, and other home office personnel, as appropriate, to implement institution-centric programs aligned with Business Unit strategic imperatives, Legal and Compliance policies.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Accountable for building institutional advocacy around formulary adoption of cardiovascular brands to help drive appropriate utilization of approved products.
• Drive demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned cardiovascular academic and government institutions.
• Works with local partners to create and maintain strategically targeted institutional-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces that influence product sales.
• Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of disease state, the marketplace, competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally complete business opportunities and challenges.
• Performs sales efforts by providing product and disease state presentations detailing approved clinical information to physicians and their staff, while building key business relationships within the Hospital, including key clinicians, administration personnel, and key influencers/decision-makers to network across organization and collaborate on initiatives where opportunities align.
• Lead cross-functional Area Team Meetings (ATMs) for the assigned hospital accounts, creating, implementing, and updating business plans to achieve product access and sales goals.
• Conduct periodic needs assessments with key customers to tailor and communicate customer insights and hospital-related activities to field-based and headquarters-based partners and engage with them to implement new strategies and tactics to pursue business opportunities.
• Provide support to Area Business Leaders in identifying key business opportunities and diagnosing critical business and implementation issues within assigned hospitals and surrounding markets/landscape.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [Register to View] 3627322f2928272a2e23272a322e[Register to View] 34322f356825292b">[email protected].
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between: Institutional Sales Specialist: $124,000 and $186,000/year | Senior Institutional Sales Specialist: $136,800 and $205,200/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.