Construction Operations Lead
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Coordinates the development, implementation, construction and documentation of new construction projects. Oversees activities such as pre-fielding, planning and scheduling. Directs the construction related activities of subcontractor and/or in-house personnel and ensures that all safety and quality standards are met.
- Provides for the timely construction of new cable related facilities by effectively coordinating and/or planning with other departments, utility companies, builders/developers and local governmental authorities.
- Schedules and directs the construction activities of subcontractor and in-house construction crews to include overseeing MDU and plant projects.
- Administers job site quality inspections, ensuring compliance with applicable engineering standards, City and State Codes, and other regulations.
- Supervises first-line employees, estimates workloads and assigns priorities to ensure maximum productivity and that deadlines are met.
- Responsible for measuring performance, providing feedback, mentoring direct reports including Performance Management.
- Issues projects to subcontractors after assessing their work schedule, availability and area of expertise.
- Modifies system design and construction plans when problems occur by using discretionary authority and knowledge of theory and design.
- Monitors progress, material expenditures, overtime labor expenses, tool/equipment inventory.
- Compiles progress reports, maintains inventory and material requisition files, and tracks vendor deliveries.
- Provides for a safe work environment by training workers, investigating accidents and enforcing all company and regulatory authority safety rules and regulations.
- Represents the company with property owners, management companies and municipalities in resolution of differences arising from contract activities.
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone.
- May obtain construction permits and utility permits, including make-ready, right-of-way, railroad, road bore and crossing permits.
- Improves work efficiency by recommending method improvements, budget expenditures, equipment uses and modified construction practices
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of all phases of cable system construction
- Knowledge of CATV Plant Design
- Minimum of five years construction experience
- Minimum of two years' experience with MDU design and builds
- Minimum of three years' manager / supervisor experience
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
- Effective communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read construction plans, analyze data and prepare paperwork and documents
- Ability to explain and comprehend detailed information and instruction
- Good data entry and math skills
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 feet high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of Cable Television products and services preferred
- Frequently exposed to weather elements. Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Reqirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.