Scrum Master 3, Project Management
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Job SummaryResponsible for facilitating the successful, on-time, high quality delivery of various product development activities by leading and coaching one or more delivery teams. Plays a key role in allowing the company to meet stated objectives and continuously learning how to be more responsive to rapidly changing business conditions through the ongoing application of principles and practices of multiple agile frameworks, primarily scrum. Possesses a solid understanding of how scrum and other agile frameworks work to deliver business value and how various practices can and should evolve. Serves as the on-scene expert and not only understands these concepts, but is able to articulate their value and the dynamics of using one or more of them.
- Responsible for the planning and facilitation of standard meetings to include; backlog preparation, iteration planning, retrospectives, iteration reviews and daily stand-ups.
- Engages with any needed business entity to help remove obstacles to his or her teams being able to deliver on stated goals and helps to negotiate working agreements.
- Contributes to the agile community within and outside of Comcast in order to better understand how to be effective in the role and apply experiences of other in improving team performance.
- Engages and assists the product owner to ensure that work requests are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed.
- Works to identify blocked or stalled stories and assists the team in learning to resolve the issues or assists getting resolution.
- Provide training to new team members regarding agile process.
- Ensures that scrum framework is utilized in a manner consistent with the corporate framework.
- Dedicated to continuous process improvement through feedback loops, coaching, retrospectives and individual improvement.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.