ServiceNow Developer, Reliability Engineering
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Job SummaryAs a successful ServiceNow developer in Comcast Reliability Engineering, you will do much more than build applications, infrastructure, tools, and people. You will be part of the team that is building new business applications, process automation and business insight capabilities that enable world-class operational excellence for our technology & business organizations. In addition, you will be crucial in supporting the end-to-end customer experience that will drive continuous improvements across the organization.
- Collaborates with project partners to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to settle integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates driven applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and mentorship with regard to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to resolve if applications fit specifications and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, project management, process design, and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4-7+ years overall work experience
- 3+ years experience with ServiceNow, developing core ITSM modules including Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Asset, Notify, Asset Management, Service Portal, Agent Workspace
- ServiceNow Admin Certification
- Expertise with workflows, flow designer, catalog items, Business Rules, Inbound email actions, script includes
- Experience with web service integrations (REST, SOAP), Mid Server configuration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Experience with large scale, enterprise ITSM implementations
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with portal development, including creation of custom web components in Service Portal [CSS, Angular JS, node.JS, Bootstrap]
- Experience designing, developing, implementing business applications in ITIL, CMDB, Service Catalog, SDLC, Change Management, and Incident Management
- ITIL v3 certification
- Ability to understand product/customer needs and convert into experiences within Agent Workspace, leveraging the full suite of workspace capabilities
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist, ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users, and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results, and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.