Sr. Windows Engineer, Infrastructure Shared Services
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Job SummaryThe Sr. Windows Engineer is responsible for planning and designing complex Windows infrastructure. The engineer analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new solutions and the documentation of all development activities. They will train non-technical personnel and assist with supervising performance metrics and integrating knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a catalyst in a sophisticated and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and share expertise. About DevX Platforms The goal in DevX Platforms is to provide teams with tools that help deliver and manage their systems. This entails creating and maintaining infrastructure services and platforms that app teams can use as services. Who does the engineer work with? An engineer on the DevX Platforms team can expect to work with cross-functional teams within Comcast, including: Collaborating with DevOps engineers to understand their use cases so that we can build tools and processes to simplify their workflow Subject matter experts to identify best practices for implementing our products and services Organization architects to share solution designs and gather feedback on higher-level goals Cybersecurity to ensure our solutions are adhering to security standards and enabling other teams to meet security standards What are some interesting problems you’ll be working on? Creating solutions to enable secure, hardened, and patchable OS images running on multiple platforms, including physical hardware, private clouds, and public clouds Enabling other teams to deploy and configure their VM-based workloads Opportunity to use new technologies and platforms
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Design and implement processes that support Windows infrastructure, applications under development, and current applications.
- Develop software update processes and security solutions.
- Train junior Engineers on internally developed processes and applications.
- Leads all aspects of the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers solutions on time, to specification and within budget.
- Expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Expertise in process design and redesign skills.
- Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7-10 years of proven experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, PowerShell, Active Directory/Group Policy, HashiCorp Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Strong proficiency with software analysis, testing, and reporting
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of leading junior staff members and project teams
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users, and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making callbacks and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.